Essential Therapeutics Citronella Organic Essential Oil 10ml
Botanical Name: Cymbopogon winterianus
100% Pure Essential Oil.
- Citronellal (12%)
- citronellol (11%)
- neral (11%)
- geraniol (33%)
- geranial (14%)
- citronellyl and geranyl acetate (1% and 2%)
- B-caryophyllene (2%)
Citronella is best known for its benefits as an insect deterrent, but has other good uses. This certified organic oil contains a high amount of anti-infectious alcohols
(geraniol and citronellol) and lemon-scented citral (neral and geranial). Overall, this Citronella oil is an excellent air purifier when diffused.
- Dilute before use
- Application: Dilute 1 part EO with 1 part Carrier oil such as Organic Massage Oil or Organic Jojoba Oil. Apply 2-4 drops on location.
- Topical application: For adults with sensitive skin use a 2.5% dilution or less. For many applications, a 0.5% to 1% concentration can be sufficient. People with a history or allergies, especially eczema, are more likely to possibly react to some essential oils. Apply on location 1 – 2 times daily as required.
- Diffusion: Add to your diffuser or vaporiser as per instructions.
- Dilute before use
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care consult your health practitioner
- Not suitable for children under age 3 and can only be used in diffusers or sprays for room methods.
- Not for internal use: if ingested do not induce vomiting, drink milk, consult a health specialist
- Avoid contact with eyes: flush with water
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store below 30 Degrees C
- Designed for application in small amounts to local areas of the body. Should any irritation occur from using essential oils, remove the oil from the skin, apply any bland vegetable oil, remove and repeat a few times. This will quickly relieve irritation reactions.
- Therapeutic plant oils are used to support natural body process for optimum health and well-being. The information here is NOT meant as recommendation for cure of any medical condition or disease.
- Should any irritation occur from using essential oils, remove the oil from the skin by applying any bland vegetable oil, remove and repeat a few times. This will quickly relieve irritation reactions.
- Essential Therapeutics began in 1988 as the first professional-only range of essential oils and related products, specifically for use by trained complementary therapists and health care professionals. In 1994, they were amongst the first group of Aromatherapy companies to apply for registration with the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). Only 100% TGEO guaranteed essential oils are used in their essential oils or blends – no common extending agents such as dipropylene glycol or isopropyl myristate are ever used. Essential Therapeutics is the foremost supplier of true therapeutic grade essential oils and related products to health care professionals and complementary therapists.
A simple guide for “Essential Therapeutics” essential oil dilutions:
If you measure your essential oils in drops be warned that not all “drops” are the same! There are a variety of “dropper inserts” for essential oil bottles in the marketplace. Depending on the size of the aperture, the drop size can vary widely
The pharmaceutical drop dispensers that we use for Essential Therapeutics essential oils dispense on average: 32 drops per 1ml.
- For an approximately 0.5% concentration of essential oils in a carrier base use: 4 drops of essential oil per 25ml of carrier
- For 1.0 %: 3 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier
- For 1.5%: 4 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier
- For 2.5%: 8 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier
- For 5%: 17 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier
- For 10%: 35 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier
For more Information
- Please refer to our range of Aromatherapy books.
- If you are unsure, work with an experienced Aromatherapist.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care consult your health practitioner.