The following information is a guide only for general use of essential oils.
- Expensive oils are not necessarily the best.
- Purchase essential oils from trusted suppliers with the botanical name of the essential oil on the label. The botanical name is the species of the plant used to make the essential oil.
- There are many different species of plants that produce essential oils that are sold and each one has different uses.
- Botanical names are always listed in Aromatherapy books as a guide on how to use each essential oil safely.
- Essential oils are highly concentrated and a drop or two can be enough.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils for topical application.
- Carrier oils commonly used are Jojoba Oil and Sweet Almond Oil.
- The first general rule is not to use essential oils indiscriminately on the skin. The majority of essential oils are not suitable for neat application.
- People with a history of sensitivity should always dilute.
- Do not apply essential oils inside ears, anywhere near the eyes, or other sensitive areas of the body.
- For using essential oils in a full bath. Mix drops of recommended essential oil with Essential Solubilizer and then add this mixture under running bath water. Essential Solubilizer is an almond and coconut oil derived emulsifier that will effectively disperse essential and/or vegetable oils into water to prevent the essential oils from floating on top of the water which could cause skin irritation.
- Should any irritation occur from using essential oils, remove the oil from the skin by applying any vegetable oil and repeat a few times. This will quickly relieve irritation reactions. Do not wash with water as this will make the essential oil penetrate further into the skin and may cause a greater reaction. The essential oils are drawn into the carrier oil and become diluted.
- Not all essential oils are safe for children. Only use the essential oils that have been recommended for children and are age specific. Be cautious when using essential oils with children. Always heavily dilute essential oils for children and it’s best not to use them with children under age 5.
- Keep essential oils away from children.
- Most essential oils are not recommended or safe to use during pregnancy.
- Use essential oils only as directed.
- Avoid photosensitising oils such as Angelica Root, Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Sweet Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemon Verbena, Lime, Tagetes, Tangerine and Mandarin. Don’t use them if you expect to be out in the sun within 24-48 hours of application. These oils may cause the skin to burn if exposed to strong ultra-violet light from sunlight or a sun bed.
- Some essential oils have properties that are considered dangerous for certain conditions. For example asthma, epilepsy and high blood pressure. If you are unsure, work with an experienced Aromatherapist.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care consult your health practitioner.
- Store essential oils in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Essential oils should come in dark glass bottles such as amber or cobalt to prevent deterioration due to exposure to light.
- Keep essential oils away from open flames.
- Replace caps tightly.
- Don’t decant oils into plastic bottles. Essential oils can eat through plastic over time.
- For more information on using essential oils safely please refer to our range of Aromatherapy books.
Click on links below to Browse Essential Oils & Products:
- Essential Therapeutics True Therapeutic Grade TGEO Guaranteed Essential Oils.
- Mt Retour Certified Organic Essential Oils & Roll Ons
- Mt Romance Certified Organic Essential Oils
- Pure Destiny Aromatics 100% Pure Essential Oil Blends
- Vrindavan 100% Pure Essential Oils and Certified Organic Essential Oils & Roll Ons.
- Carriers, Oils & Base Products
- Diffusers & Vaporisers
- Aromatherapy Books
Receive 10% off your 1st order when you subscribe to our newsletters by Clicking Here. Free delivery for orders over $150 and Afterpay available.
Our commitment to providing quality products means that we are regularly introducing new products and providing important information to keep you up to date with the latest in Organic Natural Products & Gifts to Enhance your Health & Beauty.
Please feel free to contact us for further information on any of our products that we offer by Clicking Here for email.